Almost 10 years...
Wow, that's a long time since I added anything to my blog — one thing that I loved doing after each trip.
There was a time when travelling was almost a way of life for me.
A trek here.
A waterfall there.
A fort waiting to be climbed.
A night on a mountain.
A bunch of strangers who somehow became friends.
A camera full of photographs.
And a head full of stories.
I was travelling, writing, clicking photographs, meeting people, trying new things… basically doing what I loved.
And then, somewhere along the way, life happened.
It is not that the travelling had stopped.
Yes, I agree, for a few years when COVID happened, we were all shut indoors and my travelling had come to a standstill.
But once the world opened up again, I started travelling again...
There were new places...
New roads...
New adventures...
New photographs...
New faces and strangers on the trips who became travel buddies...
Some became more than that, and the contact list grew...
And, of course, plenty of stories that never got published.
As time flew, one trip became another.
Photographs piled up.
The travel diary kept getting filled.
And Tales of Wandering Soul just… went quiet.
For years.
And somehow, I never came back to it.
Until now.
September 2026.
Spiti...
Maybe it was the mountains.
Maybe it was the roads.
Maybe it was those long hours of driving with nothing but mountains for company.
Maybe it was the Famous 5 of this trip showing interest in reading my write-ups.
Or maybe I was simply ready again.
Whatever it was, I found myself thinking about all those trips again.
The old ones.
The new ones.
The crazy ones.
The ones where I wondered, “What on earth am I doing here?”
And the ones where I thought, “Oh man… this is awesome!”
And then I started thinking about the writing.
About all those stories that have been sitting there for years.
Some in photographs.
Some in my travel diary.
Some just somewhere inside my head.
And honestly?
It feels good.
Really good.
It feels good to sit down and think about a journey.
To go through old photographs.
To remember people.
To remember places.
To laugh at some of the things I did.
To wonder how I had the guts to do some of them.
And then to actually put those thoughts into words.
I didn't realise how much I'd missed this.
Thinking.
Writing.
And, of course…
Wandering.
The funny thing is, I never really stopped travelling during these ten years.
I just stopped telling the stories.
So this isn't really about coming back to travelling.
It's about coming back to writing.
Coming back to this little space where I once shared all those adventures.
And there is quite a bit waiting to be told.
Spiti is the first one.
Then there are a few older adventures that have been sitting patiently for years.
Moreena.
Jawahar.
Chorlaghat.
And a whole lot of photographs that are probably wondering when they're finally going to get their turn. ;-)
So…
Here I am.
After almost ten years.
Still travelling.
Still wandering.
But finally…
writing again.
And it feels really, really good to be back.
Welcome back to Tales of Wandering Soul.
Now, where were we?
Let's wander.
No comments:
Post a Comment